Join our Team
Want to work for a Market Leader in Supply Chain applications? Softeon is an innovative Supply Chain Solutions company with exciting growth opportunities where you can make meaningful contributions while further developing your own career. You will receive coaching and mentoring from thought leaders in the supply chain industry.
WMS Implementation and Support Consultant
Softeon is currently seeking talented and highly motivated experienced Engineers to join our systems implementation and support team in our Reston, VA office and potentially Naperville, IL. We are specifically looking for professionals with 3-5 years of WMS implementation experience and Engineering degrees in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain and Computer Science. The successful candidates will be placed on an accelerated learning and development path with in-depth training on the Softeon core WMS and other software products and then staffed on project teams where the learning curve will remain high and continue under the leadership of our Senior Implementation Engineers. The longer term objectives are to provide you the opportunity to become Subject Matter Experts and Lead Implementation Engineers of the full suite of Supply Chain Solutions offered by Softeon. If you like the excitement of working with very talented colleagues in a fast paced environment while implementing world class solutions at venerable brand name Clients, you should seriously consider this opportunity.
Your primary responsibility will be to very quickly master the core Softeon WMS Solution with the ability to define requirements, configure, implement and support the system.
You will be responsible as the lead or as part of a project team for the successful implementation and support of Softeon WMS Solution. This includes:
- Client business and process requirements analysis and documentation
- Systems definition based on the requirements
- Systems configuration
- Functional responsibility for integration into host and other business and control systems onsite
- Functional and configuration responsibility for setting up and connecting to warehouse devices (scanners, printers, sorters, etc.)
- Go-live preparation, go-live and post go-live hyper care
- Work closely with key business partners during the entire lifecycle of the project, including client teams, Softeon on and off shore teams as well as 3rd party teams where applicable.
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues during and after implementation.
- Support testing activities during client engagements, including test setup, use case refinement, execution and troubleshooting.
- Monitor interfaces, alerts, job logs and take ownership on actions required to resolve issues or make progress on key deliverables (Project focused).
- Support patches, periodic disaster recovery activities and attend change control meetings.
- Provide feedback of implementation and support challenges to product architects and developers to improve product quality.
- Gain a working knowledge of the Softeon implementation methodology and be able to apply it on implementation projects.
- Expand your knowledge base to the portfolio of Supply Chain Planning and Execution Solutions
Requirements for this Role
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Specifically, in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Sciences. Other Engineering degrees may be considered.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong WMS product knowledge and hands-on WMS Implementation experience. This includes exceptional product and data model knowledge. Experience collecting requirements and translating requirements into a systems definition as well as all the key steps required to implement WMS systems successfully.
- Outstanding Warehouse Management domain knowledge of (1) all processes: receiving, putaway, picking, packing, shipping, (2) other systems required to interface with, (3) EDI, flatfile, XML, (4) peripheral devices to interface with, like RF, Printers, etc. (5) labels and (6) transportation carriers
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases. This is focused around strong trouble shooting capabilities, ability to review log files and identify with high probability the root causes for issues
- A team player with excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation
- A driven and resilient individual with exceptional abilities to learn fast, solve problems and take ownership
- US Citizenship or eligibility to legally work in the US is required
- Ability to travel is required.
Location: Reston, VA
Softeon Inc., is a leading global provider of technology solutions in the Supply Chain domain. For over 20 years, we have been innovating and helping our customers gain significant benefits in their supply chain, including agility and optimization for performance and results. Our expanding global footprint now includes offices in Latin America and India – to support our growing list of global customers.
The Softeon culture is guided by “relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction” and our success is determined by “the value that our customers realize.”
Softeon offers Vacation/PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ST and LT Disability, HRS & FSA, a Simple IRA with a company match, a flexible spending program, an on-site gym membership, and a free shuttle to metro site.