- Duluth Trading Co. was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Belleville, Wisconsin
- Their products evolved and expanded as their business grew, but Duluth's vision has remained the same: to create innovative tools and clothes for any job site, tested and approved by real workers
- Today, Duluth Trading Co. has expanded greatly and offers durable and innovative clothing and accessories for both men and women. They strive to create comfortable and functional clothing perfect for everyday comfort or to wear on-the-job
- Duluth Trading Co. operates their retail stores and two outlet stores in South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Wisconsin
"The total delivered cost is really changing with the use of technology. For retailers, it's important to think of stores as DCs, not just as their traditional fulfillment capabilities. It's important to get inventory to the right location first to minimize additional costs. Technology is at the heart of that."
CHRISTOPHER TEUFEL, CIO
Duluth Trading Co.
"Softeon is a software application that enables Duluth Trading to actually take its inventory and distribute across not only its DCs but also across its stores."
"From a customer perspective, we're able to do things like buy-online, pick-up-in-store and to understand the allocation of inventory across all of our DCs and our stores in real-time."
"When customers place orders online, they are expecting it in a day to two days. We are able to fulfill orders from our DCs but also from the closest stores to them to speed up that delivery. Having merchandise closer to our customers is critical in being able to achieve that."
- Wanted to be closer to their customers
- Needed a system that could support the growth of their business
- Wanted Omnichannel enablement
- Softeon WMS Cloud
- Softeon Distributed Order Management System (DOM)
- Softeon Store Inventory Module (SIM)
- Softeon Vendor (Supplier) Portal
- Gained a closer-to-the-customer experience
- Migrated from a paper-based warehouse operation to automated, voice, and RF-based WMS
- Enabled a real-time view of inventory across the network
- Increased warehouse productivity and inventory accuracy
- Omnichannel enablement